Friday, February 24, 2006

Creating a Blog is Easy


It took about five minutes to set up this blog. The process is very user friendly. First you enter a username, password, and title for your blog. Then you give the blog a URL, which is the Web address. When using www.blogger.com, you put in the first part of the URL (in my case it is "onmouseclick"), and the rest of the URL is ".blogspot.com". That's all there is to it.

You are then presented with a text-box, which works just like a word processor. In the top-left corner of the text-box is an icon for spell-checking (strangely, when I used it, the word "blog" was not recognized), and an icon for adding images. As you can see, I only added one image to this post, but you can add as many as you want. In the top-right corner is the link for previewing your entry. Below the text-box you can edit the time, allow or disallow comments on your post (I allowed comments, so feel free to make comments or ask questions), save as a draft that you can return to later, and publish your post.

You can edit your posts after they have been published — how cool is that? As a blogspot user, you can also maintain more than one blog. So if you want to have journal blog for your family, and a political rant for your friends (and enemies), no problem.

You will notice that I haven't added any information to the right side of my blog Web page. If I decide to stay with this, I may just make some additions. For now, I think I've created a pretty good companion to this week's OnMouseClick column in the TR Times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Linda
I'm sitting up here in the frozen North, Wetaskwin AB to be precise. I read the TR Times dilagently every week and thoroughly enjoy your coloum. Keep up the good work. Laura and I hope to be back at TR for the next season.
We miss all the good freinds we made while there for the last two seasons.
Good bless you all
Mac Kennedy, 7-9 when there.